What better way to start the new year than with a glass of Chardy in hand, a scrumptious, nutrient-dense meal on your plate and friends by your side?
The summery lemon and herb flavours of this delicious Mediterranean style chicken salad pair beautifully with our Estate Chardonnay. Plus the chicken marinade doubles as the salad dressing, which means you can spend less time preparing and more time sipping the good stuff. Bon Appetite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Cos lettuce leaves
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives)
- Lemon wedges
- Whisk all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour half into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining amount to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours if time allows)
- Pour yourself a glass of Estate Chardonnay while the chicken does its thing.
- Prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl
- Once chicken is marinaded, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or a over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until brown and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and arranging over the salad.
- Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing. Serve with lemon wedges. And chardonnay.